We stopped and stared – young and old,
city shark and office cleaner,
the sensitive and the usually oblivious -
each hoping we might fix this small
and broken fearful bundle
hopping madly through the crowds,
its frailty and incompleteness
drawing out our wishes
for a healing or the serendipitous.
We walked on by – rich and poor,
business sort and volunteer,
the parent and the usually compassionate -
each hoping to forget the tall
but broken fearful bundle
huddled in the doorway,
his frailty and incompleteness
authored by a sad misfortune
or, uncomfortably, by chance and us.
Poem: On recalling a pigeon with a torn wing
January 9, 2013 by bpwilliams72
With far too many interests, I've never been known to be short of an opinion - to the infuriation of friends and family alike. As a result, over the years I've come to recognise that "contradictory" and "contrary" are not unfair descriptions of me.
My Lib Dem politics, my doubt-stricken Christianity, my love of revolution, my fear of change, literature, art, music, writing, INFP, my fascination with new tech, gaming and MMOs, diabetes, my passion for poker, my disdain for gambling, Cornwall, Bavaria, the places that inspire and depress me, my relief in lonely countryside and my attraction to the cruel crush of the city: at some point it will all end up here.
This is my space to share those reflections on all the things that provoke me and just perhaps I'll capture some of those fleeting fragmented thoughts that otherwise are lost in the ether of busy days.
N.B. For the time being I am taking a little break from the political commentary. History, art, social observation, culture, technology, weather, people, places, faith, religion, entertainment, the arts... But no politics. ;-)
Where am I coming from?My Political Views
I am a center-left moderate social libertarian
Left: 1.64, Libertarian: 3.29
Political Spectrum Quiz
- ads adverts al-bunni amnesty apple art artist arts basildon bgt books britain's got talent cats children's tv computers culture ellie williams entertainment environment essex eva sajovic family film free speech funny gaming green gypsies haitham al-maleh health history human rights international internet iphone kamal labwani labwani langdon hills lego me movies music n900 natural world nature nokia personal photography photos poems poetry politics popular culture public art rape rape culture review rock roma science sinti snow social space syria syrian opposition tech technology television trains travel travellers tv weird wildworks
- RT @declanvarley: Midsummer at Nuns Island by GYT and Galway Community Theatre excellent. Far better than the much vaunted shows at Black B… 1 week ago
- RT @bpgbfm: #giaf14I'm a long time fan of GYT but their GIAF show with Galway Community Theatre was superb. A triumph of emotion and a paro… 1 week ago
- Just seen Midsummer by Galway Community Theatre & Galway Youth Theatre at Nuns Island Theatre. Absolutely totally bloody brilliant! #giaf14 1 week ago
- fragmentsandreflections.me/2014/04/08/wom… #everydaysexism 3 months ago
- @CCriadoPerez @NellFrizzell ‘Women Who Eat On Tubes’: the Internet bullies and #everydaysexism fragmentsandreflections.me/2014/04/08/wom… 3 months ago
My Friend Kamal al-Labwani
- 15,209 hits